Monday 17 November 2008

Felt Flower

20081116-026.JPG
I made a flower brooch out of a felted recycled sweater from this tutorial. It's attached to the front of a birthday card for my sister, and is now flying airmail to California. I'm not a big fan of birthday cards as they're such a huge waste of paper, so really liked the idea of a birthday card plus. It's kind of like a mini-birthday present, which can be reused rather than a card which would just get ditched after a couple of weeks. Excuse the awful photo, which was taken late at night. It makes it look crappy, but believe me the brooch looks much better in reality. I couldn't wait till the next day to take a better photo cause as usual I was finishing this last minute and wanted to get it into the postbox down the street to be there for the first pickup in the morning. Luckily I also discovered that you can now pay for and print stamps online which is awesome. So instead of having to rush up to the post office first thing I was able to print off my stamp, post the parcel, and go relax for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment